Let’s write a book about you and your dog
Every step you take with your dog is an important part of your journey together. The Journey sessions honor the adventures I’ve taken with my dogs, first Shep and now Bella.
This is your chance to own a book that tells the story about your adventures with your dogs.
That’s right … a book about you.
I wouldn’t be the same person without the love and guardianship of my dogs.
My dogs have taught me how to embrace the adventure of life, to live in the moment and to be as fiercely loyal as they are. They have also given me the ability to share my own story, after writing the stories of many others through my work in newspapers.
A professional journalist, writer and photographer of 30 years, I want to tell the story of your adventures with your dog. Using words and beautiful images, your story will leap off the pages of the book we create together.
It’s not a photo album.
It’s the story of your journey together.
Because I am so thrilled to launch this addition to Big White Dog Photography, I want to select TWO dog lovers to receive their own Journey package that will create their custom edition of the Paws of the Inland Northwest series.
Celebrate your adventures together by applying to win a Journeys session.
The contest closes Tuesday, November 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.
The Journeys Contest is for dog lovers who understand how special their adventures are with their best fur friends. The grand-prize winner will receive a deluxe Journeys package, valued at $4550. It includes:
- Up to four portrait sessions with Big White Dog Photography, including time to interview you about your story
- A custom-designed book, featuring your favorite images from your portrait sessions and your story
The second-place winner will receive a standard Journeys package, valued at $3900. It includes:
- One portrait session with Big White Dog Photography, including time to interview you about your story
- A custom-designed book, featuring your favorite images from your portrait session and your story
Each book will be written and designed in Spokane Valley and produced by one of the top print labs in the United States. Portrait sessions will take place in the Inland Northwest, specifically the Spokane area and North Idaho.
OK, hang on … the button for the entry form is coming. I swear! We have to do the legal stuff first …
Terms and Conditions
The promoter of the Journeys contest is Big White Dog Photography, 1721 S. Sonora St., Spokane Valley, WA 99037 (“Promoter”).
No purchase is required to enter the contest.
By submitting an entry, is the contest participant agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- The contest is open to residents of Washington state and Idaho.
- You must be age 18 years or over to enter.
- Applications for the Journeys contest will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on Tuesday, November 30, 2021.
- The contest winner must be willing and able to travel to Spokane or North Idaho to redeem the prize.
- Sessions must be scheduled within the calendar year of 2022.
- The grand-prize winner will receive a Journeys package valued at $4550.00. The second-place winner will receive a Journeys package valued at $3900.00.
- Applicants must complete the entry form on this web page to be considered eligible for the Journeys contest.
- Only one entry may be submitted per household.
- Winners will be chosen and announced within seven (7) days of the closing of the contest.
- Winners will be selected by a team of judges, including Angela Schneider, the sole proprietor of Big White Dog Photography, and two other individuals.
- Winners will be notified by email and phone within ten (10) days of the contest closing date.
- If the winners cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within fourteen (14) days of notification, Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize and choose a replacement winner.
- Winners must agree to sign a release allowing Promoter to use the images for promotional purposes on social media, on the Big White Dog Photography website, and in any other promotional materials at the sole discretion of Promoter.
- Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Journeys contest and/or amend these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the contest will be announced to entrants as soon as possible by Promoter.
- Prizes are not transferable.
- Prizes are as stated and not redeemable for cash or any other services or products offered by Promoter.
- Resale of the prizes is strictly prohibited and will not be honored by Promoter.
- Copyright of all images produced remain the property of Angela Schneider and Big White Dog Photography unless otherwise purchased.
- Prizes are not to be combined with any other voucher(s), gift certificate(s), or promotion(s) offered by Big White Dog Photography.
- Prizes are subject to availability and Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with another service of equivalent value without prior notice.
- Promoter does not offer any tax advice regarding state or Federal taxation applicable to the prize.
- The Journeys contest and these terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Spokane County Superior Court.
- All personal data received from contest entries will be used in accordance with current Untied States data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
And now, a few questions you may have …
You may be wondering ….
I have more than one dog. Can they all be in the book?
Your entire menagerie is your story, not a single one of them can be left out. We will endeavor to get great images and tales of all your dogs.
What if I have a cat? Or a horse?
That’s OK! While “dog” is in my business name and the focus of my operations, I understand that other beasts can mean the world to us. Adventure cats and horses are welcome to enter! Did you know I once had a session with a pig? And I’ve trained my lens on adventure goats, too.
My friends are so into their dog. May I apply for them?
I love the idea of gifting what I do to friends and family but I really need folks to respond to the questions from the heart. That’s what will give them the best chance to win. Send your friends the link to this page and encourage them to enter!
How quickly do I have to book my session(s) if I win?
All of the sessions for the grand-prize and second-place winners must take place in the calendar year of 2022. If your best fur friend is in his senior years or needs quicker attention, we can talk about how to make the session happen for you.
Where will the session(s) take place?
If you are selected for either prize, we will have a 1-on-1 consultation to custom-design your session(s) to ensure your locations make sense for you and your dog. It could be as simple as a day at Manito Park, a drive up to Farragut State Park or a hike to the Rocks of Sharon. Your story is based on the adventures you and your dog enjoy together.
Here we go …